1. ^ Information was drawn from:
• National Register of Historic Places / Inventory - Nomination Form for Somers Mansion
Available as a PDF on the National Park Service website here
• The website of the Colonel Richard Somers Chapter of the Sons of the American Revolution
• John F. Hall, The Daily Union History of Atlantic City and County, New Jersey (Atlantic City: The Daily Union Printing Company, 1900) p.433
Available to be read at the Internet Archive here.
2. ^ John F. Snyder, The Story of New Jersey's Civil Boundaries: 1606-1968 (Trenton: Bureau of Geology and Topography, 1969) Page 67
Available as a PDF on the State of New Jersey website here. (Note that although the information is on pages numbered 67 of the document, it is on page 78 of the PDF file.)
3. ^ City of Somers Point Centennial Celebration (1902 - 2002) historic sign at the Colonel Richard Somers Homestead & Tavern
• For more information about Naval Commander Richard Somers, see the website of the Somers Point Historical Society.
4. ^ Information drawn from grave markers in the burial ground.
5. ^ For more information about Naval Commander Richard Somers, see the website of the Colonel Richard Somers Chapter of the Sons of the American Revolution.