Pohatcong, New Jersey Revolutionary War Sites
This website, its text and photographs are © 2009 - 2019 Al Frazza. All rights reserved.

REVOLUTIONARY WAR SITES IN POHATCONG, NEW JERSEY

Revolutionary War New Jersey
HUNT'S MEADOW
Hunt's Meadow
Pohatcong, New Jersey

Hunt's Meadow
65 Rte. 627
Map / Directions to Hunt's Meadow

Map / Directions to all Pohatcong Revolutionary War Sites

The house at this location is a private residence.
Please respect the privacy and property of the owners.

This sign on Route 627 marks the site of the property of Edward Hunt (1734 -  1789), where  60 Continental Army cavalry horses were wintered in 1780 and returned to the army in spring 1781 "in excellent condition."[1]

Revolutionary War New Jersey
SEIGLETOWN
Seigletown
Seigletown

Seigletown
239 Rte. 627
Marker is in front of Hum-Dinger Alpacas
Map / Directions to Seigletown Marker

Map / Directions to all Pohatcong Revolutionary War Sites

Benjamin Seigle served as a militia captain in Pennsylvania during the Revolutionary War. In 1793, ten years after the war ended, he purchased property here. He made red clay pottery which was known as Seigleware. [2]

Revolutionary War New Jersey

Source Notes:

1. ^ Pohatcong Township Historic Preservation Commission sign

• Lineage Book - National Society of the Daughters of the American Revolution, Volume 51 (Washington D.C.: Judd & Detweiler, Inc., 1919) page 207      Available to be read at Google Books here

Daughters of the American Revolution Genealogical Research System, where Edward Hunt is Ancestor # A060143
It states PHYSICIAN OR SURGEON / MILITIA, 1775-83

2. ^ Pohatcong Township Historic Preservation Commission sign

Suzanne Corlette, The Fine and the Useful Arts in New Jersey, 1750 - 1800 (#23 of the New Jersey's Revolutionary War Experience series) (Trenton: The New Jersey Historical Commission, 1975) page 9

"Minutes of the Committee of Safety of Bucks County, Pennsylvania, 1774-1776," published in The Pennsylvania Magazine of History and Biography Vol XV No. 3, 1891. Reprinted in:
The Pennsylvania Magazine of History and Biography, Volume 15 (Philadelphia: Historical Society of Pennsylvania, 1891) page 281
Available to be read at Google Books here