Wallington, New Jersey Revolutionary War Sites
HOME                    TIMELINE                     ABOUT                    CONTACT

Atlantic County     Bergen County     Burlington County     Camden County     Cape May County     Cumberland County     Essex County
Gloucester County     Hudson County     Hunterdon County     Mercer County     Middlesex County     Monmouth County     Morris County
Ocean County     Passaic County     Salem County     Somerset County     Sussex County     Union County     Warren County

REVOLUTIONARY WAR SITES IN WALLINGTON, NEW JERSEY

Wallington NJ Revolutionary War Sites
ACQUACKNONK BRIDGE
Acquackanonk Bridge
Wallington NJ

Acquacknonk Bridge
Corner of Main St. and Passaic Stt.
Map / Directions to the Acquakanonk Bridge
Map / Directions to all Wallington Revolutionary War Sites

A sign at the bridge reads:
"Acquacknonk Bridge - Gen. George Washington's army pursued by the British crossed over here  November 21, 1776 destroying the wooden bridge behind them." [1]

Please note that Washington's Army crossed over the bridge into Passaic which has listings related to the crossing.

LIBERTY CROSSING PARK
Liberty Crossing Park
Wallington, New Jersey

Liberty Crossing Park
Corner of Main St. and Passaic St.
Map / Directions to Liberty Crossing Park
Map / Directions to all Wallington Revolutionary War Sites

Next to the Acquackanonk Bridge site is Liberty Crossing Park, dedicated Oct 20, 2007. "Liberty Crossing" commemorates the November 21, 1776 crossing.

Wallington NJ Revolutionary War Sites
GENERAL CASIMIR PULASKI MONUMENT
General Casimir Pulaski Monument
Wallington NJ
General Pulaski Monument
Wallington NJ

General Casimir Pulaski Monument
Main Ave. near Locust St.
Map / Directions to the Pulaski Monument
Map / Directions to all Wallington Revolutionary War Sites

The statue was sculpted by Mieczyslaw Partyka, and was dedicated October 4, 2002. [2]

There are two other momuments to General Pulaski in New Jersey: one in Paterson, and the other in Pennsauken.

Sources:

1. ^ Sign placed by the Combined Civic Organizations November 21, 1976

2. ^ Sculture and dedication information from bottom plaque on the monument.