1. ^ • Information about the house drawn from a Save The Oaktree Pond Committee historic plaque at the site, sponsored by TD Bank.
• Reuben Ayres birth, death, and military information from a historic sign at the Old Colonial Cemetery in Metuchen, placed by Historical Commission of Metuchen, 1983. Research by Nora C. Hutton.
2. ^ • Church history details drawn from the historic plaque in front of the church, placed by the Edison Historic Preservation Commission, dedicated September 11, 2004
• Details about the 1835 from the article "Dreadful Tornado", which appeared in The New York Gazette on June 23, 1835 (four days after the tornado). The article was then reprinted on June 27, 1835 in the Niles' Weekly Register. This can be found in the collection:
Niles' Weekly Register, From March 1835 to September 1835 - Vol. XLVIU. or, Volume XII - Fourth Series (Baltimore: H. Niles, 1835) p. 292-293
Available to be read at Google Books here
3. ^ Historic plaque in front of the church, placed by the Edison Historic Preservation Commission, dedicated September 11, 2004